In our conduct
- We aim to adopt the highest professional standards and not to act in such a way as to compromise our firm’s integrity
- We actively promote respect between our staff members in their dealings with each other and with clients and other third parties
In our working environment
- We recognise that our team is our most important resource. We actively seek to offer our team a positive and healthy working environment and ensure that they have rewarding careers and job satisfaction
- We have all our policies on 'Hello Hippo' which sets out the rights and expectations of all members of staff
- We seek to ensure that all staff have access to the training they need both for their own development and to enable them to deliver a high quality service. Our procedures in relation to training and development can be found on 'Hello Hippo'
- We consider all our team to be equal and we aim to create a working environment which is free of unlawful discrimination. In this regard, we maintain an Equality and Diversity Policy
In our community
- In considering our impact on the community, we support local charities and community initiatives
- We will allow members of staff time off work to enable them to carry out work in support of their chosen charity or community initiative and to encourage dialogue with local communities and groups for mutual benefit
With our clients
- We are committed to delivering a high level of service to all our clients as we understand that our business exists in a very competitive market and our clients deserve a professional and courteous service
With our suppliers
- We are committed to eliminating discrimination and to promoting equality and diversity in our professional dealings with suppliers and other third parties
- We endeavour to enter into clear and fair contracts with our suppliers and are committed to the timely settlement of suppliers’ invoices.
In the environment
We are committed to behaving responsibly and to minimise our impact on the environment. We aim to minimise our impact on the environment by:
- Minimising waste and adopting sensible recycling policies in respect of our paper and food consumption
- Providing safe and comfortable working conditions
- Working remotely where possible or arranging local teams if onsite is necessary to reduce our carbon footprint through travel
- Use energy efficient electrical equipment (including lights) that are turned off when not in use
- Ensuring that heating is turned off or down outside office hours
We strive as a company to continually improve our environmental performance as we understand that the nature of our work involves travel and use of tools and techniques that have an impact on the environment.
Tracking our impact and progress
We are committed to tracking our progress and minimising our impact on the environment through the following initiatives:
Our social responsibility initiatives and how we track them
||Specific metrics to track
- No. of staff subscribed to the Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Percentage of time employees working within the region/locally.
- Local office provision.
Average days working from home (as a percentage) across the business.
- Number of kilowatts consumed in an office environment.
- Energy saving lights – percentage upgraded.
- Paperless office objective – reduction in print outputs.
|Staff contributing to the strategy
Number of staff opting to support environmental projects/initiatives.
|Use of Technology
- Asset lifespan/replacement timeframes.
- Percentage of assets recycled/re-used rather than disposed of.
- ‘Sustainable by design’ approach throughout the duration of the project.
|Information, training and communication
Action plan for further improvements on discussion with external experts and Leadership team.