This policy explains what we do with the information we collect about you when you:
visit our website
use one of our services
apply for a job or work as a contractor for us
There are laws allowing us to collect and keep this information to:
meet our contractual obligations
provide products and services to you
help us develop our products and services.
grow our business
protect our systems
detect and prevent fraud
The law also gives you certain rights relating to the information we collect and use. See the sections on 'your rights' and 'how to exercise your rights' for more information.
By visiting hippodigital.co.uk.ddev.site you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy, so please read it carefully. You should also read our terms and conditions.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 1998 2018 (the Act), the data controller is:
First floor, Aireside House
24 Aire Street
Leeds, LS1 4HT
ISO registration number: 00011512259
What we do with the information you give us
What we collect and use
- name and address
- company name and address
- your website address
- email address
- phone number
- education and employment history
When we collect this information
- fill in a contact form on our website
- contact us another way, for example by phone or email
- subscribe to our newsletter
- request information from us
- report a problem with our site
How we use this information
We use this information to:
- carry out our obligations in any contracts we enter into with you
- provide information about products and services you request
- provide information about goods and services that are similar to the ones you have already enquired about or purchased
- process job applications
- let you know about changes to our services
- make sure our website works effectively for you and your device (for example a computer, laptop or mobile phone)
- provide information about goods or services we think might interest you (you can stop us from doing this by emailing us at [email protected])
What we do with the information we automatically collect
What we automatically collect and use
Technical information, including:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet
- log-in information
- browser type and version
- time zone setting
- browser plug-in types and versions
- operating system and platform
Information about your contact with us, including:
- full website addresses for sites you use to get to our site and while using our site, and the sites you go to when leaving our site
- date and time you access those sites
- products you viewed or searched for
- page response times
- page interaction information (for example scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs)
- how you browse away from the page
- phone number used to contact us
When we collect this information
Whenever you visit our website or call us by telephone.
How we use this information
We will use this information to:
- manage our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- make sure our website works effectively for you and your device
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service
- help us keep our site safe and secure
- suggest goods or services that may be of interest to you
What do we do with information from other sources?
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with other organisations (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and hosting services, analytics providers, social networks and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
We may combine information from these other sources with the information you give to us and the information we automatically collect about you. We may use this combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We have two cookies to distinguish you from other users of the site. One of these can last up to 2 years on your device. The other can last up to 24 hours.
We also have a cookie to stop our site from thinking you are several visitors if you use the site more than once. This can last up to 1 minute on your device.
Who we share your information with
If you have accepted particular cookies, we may share your information with:
- business partners, suppliers, and subcontractors to fulfil any contract we enter into with you
- analytics and search engine providers that help us improve and optimise our site
- providers of information, event and other marketing services working for us
If we buy or sell business assets, we may share your information with prospective buyers or sellers.
If Hippo (or substantially all of its assets) is sold to another organisation, the information we hold about our users and customers will become one of the transferred assets.
We may share your information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to:
- comply with a legal obligation
- apply or enforce our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements
- protect the rights, property or safety of Hippo, our customers or others - this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
We will never sell your information to other organisations.
Where we store your information
How long do we keep your information
We have data retention policies and procedures to ensure we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
We store personal information only for as long as is necessary, for the purpose the data was collected or to comply with applicable legal, tax or regulatory requirements.
Before collecting information about you, we will tell you if we intend to use it for marketing or share it with other organisations. However, you have the right to ask us not to use your information for marketing. You can do this by ticking the appropriate boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. Or you can email us at [email protected]
You also have the right to:
- request a copy of the information that we hold about you
- correct inaccurate or incomplete data that we have about you
- ask for information about you to be deleted, in certain circumstances
- restrict how we use your information, where certain conditions apply
- ask us to transfer information about you to another organisation
- object to having your information used in certain ways (for example for marketing)
- object to automatic processing, including profiling
- not be subject to solely automated decisions that affect your legal status or rights
How to exercise your rights
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected] We will forward any requests you make to other organisations that may be involved in processing your information.
We will reply to all requests, including requests for access to information, within one month.
This policy was last updated on 6th December 2019.
We will post any future changes on this page and, where appropriate, notify you by email. Please check this page frequently for updates.
How to complain
If you are unhappy about how your information has been handled by Hippo or an organisation involved in how we use your information, you can make a complaint to our data protection officer or the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Hippo’s data protection officer
Helen Croft, First floor, Aireside House 24 Aire Street Leeds, LS1 4HT
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: +44 (0) 303 123 1113